by Harshal Morwale* “Arbitration is the grease that helps economies flow and brings us benefits around the world.” —David W. Rivkin Introduction Arbitration is a dynamic dispute resolution technique. An arbitrator’s powers normally derive from the arbitration agreement. With increasing number of cross border transactions and international trade contracts, the arbitrability of arbitration agreements holds […]
Washington: Turns out that an individual suffering from obesity may not be necessarily unhealthy. Even those with severe levels of obesity may have overall health profiles similar to that of a moderately weighted person. 178 more words
Ahmedabad (Gujarat): A compelling debate on ‘Building DNA Casework in India to Strengthen Investigations in Sexual Assault and Rape Cases’ was witnessed on the second day of the 24th All India Forensic Science Conference in Ahmedabad. 833 more words
New Delhi: Global road safety body IRF today urged the government to replace single and double cylinder diesel engine vehicles with E-vehicles in the country. 286 more words
Washington: A simple quality toolkit may help improve the outcomes of heart attacks and other major cardiovascular disease events in Indian hospitals, a major study suggests. 467 more words
GNLU INTERNATIONAL MARITIME ACADEMY (Theme: Indian Ocean Region – Ports Security, Preventing, Reducing & Controlling – IUU Fishing and Marine Environment Pollution)
Last Date of Registration : 28 February 2018
To equip participants with theoretical and practical legal, operational strategic issues enabling them to render efficient and effective research, advisory, policy and operational assistance to authorities of navy and maritime forces, agencies, institutions, industry, law firms and students.
- Serving officers dealing with law of the sea and maritime matters,
- Security, government and private intelligence agencies/companies,
- Lawyers and law firms, specializing in law of the sea and maritime laws,
- Governmental officers and staff, Researchers and students.
Participation Fees: USD 300 / INR 20,000 (including registration, boarding and lodging, study material, cultural local visits, evaluation, complimentary use of Library online legal da-tabases like West Law, Manupatra, J-store, Heinonline, Cambridge University Publication E Books, Oxford University Publication E Books…
View original post 20 more words
Deadline for Abstract Submission: 15 February, 2018
National Seminar on “Climate Change Mitigation, Adaptation and Sustainable Development”
Organized by Department of Economics, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi As a part of UGC DRS-II under UGC Special Assistance Programme Date: 14-15 March, 2018
In the crisis driven global economy, the deliberations and the outcome of the seminar will enhance the understanding of participants and provide policy inputs related to the theme.
The broad theme areas include (but not confined to) the following:
- Climate Change and Its Socio-Economic Impacts
- Greenhouse Gas and its Impact on Eco-System
- Climate Change and Sustainable Development
- Climate Change, Energy Production & Consumption Pattern
- Climate Change and Renewable Energy
- Climate Change Adaptation and Mitigation
- Ecosystem Valuation
- Climate Change and Health Issues
- Climate Change & Infrastructure
- Climate Change and its Sectoral Impacts
- Internal & External Migration & Refugees
- Climate Change & Technology
- International Trade, Cost Competiveness and Environment Degradation
- Climate Change & Sustainable Development
- Gender equity…
View original post 86 more words
Two Days International Conference Arab Spring from Gender Perspective: Gains, Gaps and Challenges
Date: 21-22 March 2018
Organised by Sarojini Naidu Centre for Women’s Studies, & India-Arab Cultural Centre Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi (110025) INDIA
The Conference would primarily focus on the following themes, though the prospective participants are free to choose the topics of their own concerning the major themes of the Conference:
- Role of Arab women in socio-economic life
- Women of the Arab World and family law
- Arab women in governance
- Arab women in movements including Islamic Feminism
- Arab women in media
- Arab women in peace building and regional cooperation
- Arab women in sustainable development
Note: The above sub-themes are only indicative. Authors may opt other topics relevant to the main theme of the Conference.
Please send in the title and a 200-word abstract by 15 February 2018 to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Last date for sending abstract:…
View original post 176 more words
Galgotias University’s National Symposium on Indian Approaches to International Law [7th April; Greater Noida]
The Centre for Studies in International Law, School of Law, Galgotias University, will hold a national symposium on Indian Approaches to International Law on 7thApril, in association with the Indian Society of International Law, New Delhi.
With international law being all pervasive today, the list of India’s interactions with the discipline is endless. However, concerns are often raised that the discipline and its application are not taken seriously enough. The country needs a systemic set up for factoring in international law to monitor/justify its conduct that may have an international bearing.
Thus, the symposium will look forward to receive quality research papers that help in comprehensible understanding of Indian approaches (or ought to be approaches) to international law.
Venue: Galgotias University, Sector 17-A, Yamuna Expressway, Greater Noida (NCR)
- Abstract Submission (250 words): 26 February…
View original post 147 more words