In collaboration with S.S. Rana & Co., an Intellectual Property Law Firm
Sixth Essay Writing Competition
World Intellectual Property Day – April 26, 2017
For the last five years S.S. Rana & Co. in collaboration with Vidya Darshan Rana Charitable Trust has been organizing Script it!™ , the annual essay writing competition to give young students an opportunity to understand the role played by Intellectual Property Rights.
Along with the prize money, the Top Three Winners in the college category will be given an opportunity for a paid Internship at the Firm.
Themes of the Essay(s)
Young minds are encouraged to focus on the World IP Day theme i.e. Innovation – Improving Lives, for their essays and hence may contemplate writing on topics related to Intellectual Property, Innovation, Science and Technology, etc.
Some of the suggested topics are:
- Importance of Innovation as a Business Tool
- Tackling barriers to Innovation in today’s world
- Innovation and Social Change
- Innovation in the world of Social Media
- Innovation in Education
- Using Innovation to improve the Environment
Last date for Submission: April 22, 2017.
- College and/or School students are invited to submit their essays focusing on themes relating to IP, Technology, Innovation, Importance of Science, etc., prior to the deadline of April 22, 2017.
- Qualified Experts and Judges appointed by Vidya Darshan Rana Charitable Trust and S.S. Rana & Co. will select the best 3 essays.
- Following this the winners will be announced in IP©onnect®, S.S. Rana & Co.’s weekly newsletter on April 26, 2017 i.e.. World IP Day
Rules for Participation:
- The competition is open only to School and College students (Students graduating in 2017 can also apply);
- The participants shall mention the following on the front page in bold letters –
- Name of the participant(s);
- Name of the Academic Institution;
- Contact details including phone number and postal address;
- Copy of School/College Id-Card;
- Participants should mention “Script it!™ World IP Day – Sixth All India Essay Writing Competition” in the subject line;
- Entries must be original and in English language only;
- Only a single entry will be accepted from one participant. Co-authorship (up to 2 authors) is also permitted;
- The competition is open to essays of up to 3,000 words for School students and 4500 words for college students. Entries outside the word limitation will be disqualified;
- The essay shall be disqualified if it is plagiarized. Due credit should be given to the concerned author and/or publisher(s) in Bibliography and/or Reference, as the case may be, in proper 19th blue-book edition;
- Summary of the best essay will be published in IP©onnect® on April 26, 2017;
- The copyrights of the essay shall vest with Vidya Darshan Rana Charitable Trust and S.S. Rana & Co.;
- All entries are to be sent by e-mail to email@example.com Participants can also upload their essay(s) on the Script it! ™ web portal at vidyadarshan.in;
- All entries are to be sent only in MS Word (.doc or .docx) or .pdf format.
Awards  :
- The Awards would be given to students in two categories: a) College and b) School;
- Winners in the college category will be awarded prizes(s) worth INR 7,500 and winners in the school category will be awarded prizes(s) worth INR 5000, along with a certificate and an opportunity to author an article on any forthcoming issue of IP©onnect® of his/her choice.
- Second and third runner ups in the college category would be presented prize(s) worth INR 5,000 and INR 2,500 respectively along with certificates;
- Second and third runner ups in the school each category would be presented prize(s) worth INR 2,500 and INR 1,000 respectively along with certificates
- The Top Three Winners in the college category may be given an opportunity for a paid Internship at the Firm.
- Other deserving participants shall also be presented with certificates;
For further information, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 91-11-3056 2000.
Note: The competition intends to provide a platform to the students to share their views and to raise IPR awareness among them. The decision of the Judges shall be final.
The organizers of the competition reserve all rights to change the date of announcements of the results and/or the date of announcements and publication of the results.
The organizers also reserve the rights to withdraw any or both categories of awards if the entries thus received do not meet the aforesaid criteria.
The organizers also reserve all the rights for Publication and reproduction of essay/write ups, due credit in this regard shall be given to the author(s).
 The organizers of the competition reserve all rights to change the date of announcements of the results.
 The organizers of the competition reserve all rights to change the date of announcements and publication of the results.
 In case of tie or in case of co-authored articles the prize money shall be divided amongst the participants.