The International Summit 2017 on Child Rights: Education Matters for Life is a Joint collaboration of:
- Department of Sociology & Social Work Christ University, Bengaluru, India
- World Vision, India
- James Cook University, Townsville, Australia
Hall 911, 9 Floor, Central Block
Main Campus, Christ University, Bangalore.
The target audiences are from INGOs/ UN organisation/ Government organisation /Development Practitioners from INGOs/ Academicians/ CSR professionals/ Social Work Students/ Representatives from FICCI, Lions Club, Rotary Club, CII etc.
Agenda of the Summit
The summit will explore some of the following questions:
- What are some of the implications of Right to Education Act (RTE Act) – with specific reference to advancing the agenda on quality education
- What are the issues that hamper enabling environment for children to learn
- What are some of the social determinants like gender, caste, early marriage, home environment, school environment, policy matters, poverty, etc. that affect quality education for children at the primary level?
- The important role that civil societies have to play in ensuring enabling environment to improve quality education at the primary level.
Call for Papers and Publication
Research papers in the form of book on ‘Child Rights: Education Matters for Life’ received would be edited and compiled together into a book jointly by Christ University, World Vision India and James Cook University.
The conference invites abstracts for the conference which may be sent online as a word file on or before Sep 25, 2017 to email@example.com.
Upon acceptance of abstracts, an expression of interest would be sought from the participants who could submit full papers by Oct 10, 2017.
Dr Victor Paul, Summit Convener, Christ University, Bangalore.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Phone: +91-9900104550, +91-80-40129655